So, you’re thinking of putting your property on the market and moving to a beautiful new home but then, the whole pandemic lockdown happened leaving you not knowing what to do next.
Can I still sell my house? How can I safely view properties? How am I going to find the perfect home during these uncertain times?
At the beginning of May, the Government announced that the restrictions for the property market in England would be eased. This included allowing people to move to new houses, estate agents can visit properties to take photos and videos and homebuyers will be able to view properties by following the Government’s guidance.
What’s the Government’s guidance to view property?
As of earlier this month, homebuyers will be able to attend physically-distanced property viewings that meet the public health guidance. This guidance comes hand-in-hand with a number of measures to guarantee safe property viewings, for everyone involved. These measures include:
– Initial viewings should be done online.
– Physical viewings can be done by appointment only and with serious buyers who are genuinely interested in the property.
– Appropriate protective equipment should be worn, including gloves and face coverings. Estate agents may cancel the appointment if you do not confirm you have protective equipment, so ensure you have this covered. Aviation Spares sell PPE products to guarantee your safety and the safety of others.
– Open all windows and doors before conducting the viewing.
– Everyone involved must wash their hands prior to the viewing.
– Social distancing guidelines should be followed.
– All door handles and other surfaces must be cleaned after the viewing.
It is also important to consider your personal situation. Those who are shielding or vulnerable should seek medical advice and carefully consider their circumstances before going ahead with a move.
This article was written by Carolina Neves, lead copywriter at Bishops Stortford website designers Ad Lab.