Montréal is one of the most captivating cities in the world. The most populous city in Quebec, the 2nd most populous Canadian municipality and the second largest French-speaking city in the world.
A visit to this metropolis would be like visiting two worlds –old in soul but young at heart, ancient but modern, chic but cutting-edge. It’s one of the most creative and spirited cities you can ever visit and the locals here probably have the coolest lifestyle, bar none.
In a way, Montréal is a gateway to North America. It’s just an hour away from the U.S.-Canada border, and it has an international airport that’s accessible from the world’s major cities. Getting around Montréal is also fairly easy, with its great public transit system. You can ride the bus, the subway, and even a BIXI bike.
Here are the things you can expect from your Montréal visit:
- Culture and entertainment – With more than 120 cultural communities residing in Montréal, you can’t get any more multicultural than this. You also get a wide range of festivals and events so you’ll never get bored. On an annual basis, Montréal hosts over 100 festivals, including the Francofolies de Montreal and Montréal’s International Jazz Festival.
- Art and history –The rich diversity of this city will be apparent as you walk through its streets, but so will its art and history. From museums and art galleries to the 17th and 18th century buildings in the Old Montréal district, you basically get the best of the old and modern world in one city.
- Gastronomic delights – You can’t go to Montréal without eating your heart out, because there are so many restaurants for you to enjoy. The best thing about it is that because Montréal is so multicultural, you get to taste all sorts of flavors from all over the world.
Staying in Montréal
In terms of your Montréal accommodations, you won’t run out of options either:
- Hotels – There are a good number of hotels around Montréal, and your choice would depend on how long you’re planning to stay and which neighbourhood you want to stay in. Whether you’re going for budget, mid-range, luxury, family-friendly, business, or boutique, you can look at your options for the hotels in Montréal and pick the one that’s most appropriate for you.
- Luxury apartments – If you’re thinking of staying for a longer period of time and not just a quick visit, then you also have the option of apartments rather than hotels. Luxury apartments like B&C can give you all the upscale amenities you want, combining luxury, accessibility, and entertainment for your convenience and utmost satisfaction.
- Modern condos in Montreal – If you’ve decided to transform your visit and stay into a long-term arrangement of actually moving to Montréal for the long-term, then you can look at the different condos available. Montréal’s real estate market is booming, and you won’t run out of great options to choose from.